- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 baby gem lettuce
- 220g (7oz) frozen peas
- 40g (11/4oz) pea shoots
- 1tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2tbsp plain natural yoghurt
- 1tsp chopped chives
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Meanwhile, heat 1tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Brush the salmon lightly with a little oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the fillets to the pan, skin side down, and cook for 3 minutes. Reduce the temperature to low and turn over the salmon, then cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Let the fillets rest in a warm spot while you finish the dish.
- Meanwhile, separate the leaves of the baby gems and place in a large bowl. Add the peas to the pan of boiling water and boil them for about 2-3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and rinse well with cold water. Transfer to the bowl with the salad leaves. Add the pea shoots and mint, season lightly, then drizzle with a little olive oil, mixing gently.
- Divide the salad between 4 plates and flake over the warm fish, removing the skin. Make the dressing by adding the lemon juice, yoghurt, extra virgin olive oil and chives in a small bowl and whisking.
Make the dressing at the last minute, otherwise it may separate - if it does, simply whisk it. The easiest way to make the dressing is to put the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well.