- Butter, for greasing
- 1 cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 40g (1½oz) extra butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 long chilli, finely chopped
- 80g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g (1¾oz) freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Grease a baking dish large enough to hold the cauliflower in two layers.
- Cook the cauliflower florets in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well and transfer to the prepared dish.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the garlic and chilli for 1 minute. Tip in the breadcrumbs and fry, stirring frequently, until golden and starting to crisp a little. Stir in the parsley.
- Season the cauliflower with salt and pepper and scatter with the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the parmesan over the top and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden. Serve immediately.
Be careful not to over cook the cauliflower in stage 2 - it should still have a bite to it.