- Roasting tin, with the pork and onions removed
- 1-2tbsp flour
- 125ml (4fl oz) cider or white wine
- 300ml (9½fl oz) stock or water
- Pour off all but about 2tbsp of the fat but keep any roasting juices. Place the roasting tin on a medium heat and sprinkle over the flour. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon for 1 minute, or until the flour has browned slightly. Gradually add the cider or wine and stock or water, stirring constantly to loosen any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the tin.
- Simmer, stirring well, for about 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and is smooth, and return the onions to the sauce, if desired. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.