- 500g (1lb) courgette
- Grated sea salt
- 8 spring onions
- 125g (4oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- Chopped 1tbsp mint, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60g (2oz) flour
- 2tsp vegetable oil, for frying
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 125g (4oz) plain yoghurt
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- Put the grated courgettes into a colander and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Mix lightly and set aside for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, squeeze the excess liquid from the courgettes and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Combine the courgette, springonion, feta cheese, herbs and eggs in a bowl. Sift and mix in the flour. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Drop heaped tbsp of the batter into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm while you cook the remaining mixture.
- Make the sauce by combining the garlic, olive oil, yoghurt and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with a little salt.
Once cooked, the fritters may be frozen for up to 6 weeks. to serve, heat in a 180°C (gas mark 4) oven until warmed through.