- A handful of rocket, roughly chopped
- 2 small carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 2tbsp flat-leaf parsley or mint, chopped
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2 small pitta breads
- 3-4tbsp houmous
- Combine the rocket, carrot, tomatoes, radishes, herbs, lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toast the pitta breads and then open out each one to make a pocket.
- Thickly spread the base of each pitta pocket with houmous and fill with the salad, allowing some of the filling to spill out. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
You can also turn this into an open sandwich with rye or sourdough bread or a ciabatta.