- 200g (6½oz) smoked trout fillets
- 2tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 3tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 ripe avocado
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Break the smoked trout fillets into large, bite-size pieces.
- Stir the chopped fresh dill through the crème fraîche.
- Halve and peel the avocado and cut the flesh into large, bite-size pieces, roughly the same size as the fish.
- Divide the fish and avocado between two plates. Squeeze over a little lemon and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve accompanied with the dill crème fraîche and a lemon wedge.
Look for packs of skinned, smoked trout fillets for this recipe. You can also use smoked salmon if preferred.