- 600ml (20fl oz) double or thick cream
- 50ml (5fl oz) single cream
- 185g (6oz) caster sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 150g (5oz) fresh raspberries
- Place the double and single cream and the sugar in a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil over low heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Boil gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice. Allow to cool slightly and pour into 6 small ramekins, small tea cups or glasses. Chill for 12 hours or until set.
- Just before serving make the sugared raspberries. Brush each raspberry lightly with beaten egg white and then lightly sprinkle with sugar. Place on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Serve each posset with a few sugared raspberries.
The recipe can also be made in a large container and then served as spoonfuls to accompany ripe summer fruit.