- 1 bunch asparagus
- 150g (5oz) couscous
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- ½ long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1tbsp each flat-leaf parsley, basil and mint, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Cut each chicken breast into four long strips. Place the chicken and asparagus in a single layer in a roasting tin. Brush with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 12-15 mins, or until cooked.
- Place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Pour on 300ml (9½fl oz) boiling water, cover tightly with cling film and set aside for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the garlic, courgette and chilli, stirring, for about 5 mins or until the courgettes are just tender.
- Stir the cooked vegetables through the couscous, then add the herbs, tossing well to fluff up the couscous. Season to taste. Serve warm with the chicken and asparagus.
Serve the herby couscous (minus chicken) as an accompaniment to grilled fish or roast lamb, or alone for a tasty, meat-free dish.