- 400g (13oz) dried linguine
- About 120ml (4fl oz) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 400g (13oz) uncooked prawns
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Grated rind ½ lemon
- 2tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, quartered, to serve
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the linguine. Stir well and boil rapidly for 8 minutes, or until the linguine is al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil, garlic and chill in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook for about 1 minute and then add the prawns, spring onions and lemon peel. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes, or until the prawns have turned pink.
- Drain the cooked pasta well and then return it to the large saucepan over a moderate heat. Pour over the oil and prawn mixture and add the parsley. Toss thoroughly with two forks to allow the pasta to absorb the oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Chillis often vary in heat. Taste the prawns before adding to the pasta and add a pinch or two of dried chilli flakes if you want a little extra heat.